Dental office sterilization
Our primary concern is your health and safety. That’s why we make sure proper controls and precautions are in place to protect our valued clients and staff. Our dental clinic is sterilized regularly to ensure we provide you with the highest quality of care in the safest possible environment.
Practices to ensure your safety
Our staff is extensively trained in state of the art practices and protocols that follow recommendations of the Occupational Safety & Health Administration (OSHA), the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), and the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA).
Our office employs the latest dental sterilization equipment and machines, including dental autoclaves, dental sterilizers, and steam sterilizers. These machines kill bacteria and viruses by applying pressure, steam, and heat.
We ensure surfaces are safe and clean by employing these sterilization protocols:
- Requiring gloves and face masks for staff and clients
- Ensuring disinfectant hand soap is available throughout the office
- Using disposable materials whenever possible
- Cleaning countertops and surfaces with EPA approved disinfectants
- Sterilizing all equipment before and after every use
You’ll see us using these best practices during your visit. All of our clinical staff will be wearing gloves and masks during procedures and examinations, which are discarded after every use. Additionally, all surfaces in exam rooms are cleaned and sanitized using EPA approved chemicals before and after each patient visit.
Most, if not all of the materials we use are disposable. These include gloves, face shields, masks, gowns, as well as gauze, brushes, and floss. Such items are safely discarded after each use.
Our staff is trained in best practices when using and handling disposable materials, making sure they are properly stored, used, and disposed of efficiently.
Instruments used during procedures and exams that cannot be discarded are thoroughly cleaned and disinfected between each use. To ensure proper dental sterilization practices are followed, our process includes:
- Clean – All instruments are thoroughly cleaned using ultrasonic cleaners, which make sure that all bacteria, germs, and other debris are completely removed.
- Package – Once clean, instruments are wrapped in appropriate packaging where they remain sealed until sterilization.
- Sterilize – Once safely packaged, instruments are sterilized using approved FDA machines, including dental autoclave sterilizers.
- Disinfect – After every use, our machines and surfaces are thoroughly disinfected using EPA approved surface cleaners.
Once cleaned, packaged, and sterilized, all of our instruments are stored safely until ready for use. Our dental sterilization process follows best practices and makes sure that your only concern when visiting our office is how great your smile is going to look when you leave.
Training and our commitment to clients
Your trust and confidence that we are providing the safest environment possible is the cornerstone of our practice. Our staff undergoes training in cleaning techniques every two years to make sure the most up-to-date techniques are practiced. They go through additional training for special circumstances as needed, on a daily or weekly basis.
Our systems and procedures are routinely updated following the guidance of the American Dental Association and the CDC. If you have any questions, always ask. Our staff is happy to provide you with detailed descriptions and additional information about the steps we take to protect you and your family from bacteria, viruses, and infectious diseases.
We look forward to seeing you soon!